Quality assurance testing, advanced reporting and analysis, historical data archiving, and marketing are just a few reasons online businesses rely on high-quality website screenshots.
Sure, you can take screenshots with a simple Chrome extension or the built-in feature on your keyboard. But it's tedious, and as your business grows and your needs change, you may need a dedicated screenshot tool to monitor your website 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you're searching for the perfect-for-you website screenshot tool, this article explores some of the top screenshot tools available, including an overview of Pagescreen.
Save time scouring the web, and learn about these five Pagescreen alternatives, their key features, and why you might want to use them.
Pagescreen is a web-based service that can automatically capture high-definition screenshots of websites at specific time intervals. Users can specify the URLs they wish to monitor and set a desired capture frequency, and Pagescreen will render and store full-page images.
This tool is particularly beneficial for businesses looking to maintain historical records of web pages or monitor website changes.
With a complete set of features and an intuitive interface, Pagescreen offers a compelling solution as a website screenshot tool.
Pagescreen can detect website changes and send a notification whenever they happen. You can keep track of changes done to the desktop or mobile version of a webpage, or even specify a custom viewport dimension.
There's nothing worse than learning your best-performing landing page has crashed hours after it went down. Pagescreen can send real-time customized alerts via email, SMS, or other preferred channels, ensuring prompt action and minimizing potential disruptions.
Thanks to built-in API, Pagescreen easily integrates with popular tools and platforms, enabling seamless data synchronization and effective collaboration among team members.
Before taking the plunge with Pagescreen, exploring the pros and cons is critical, as you may discover something that doesn't align with your needs.
- User-friendly interface with an intuitive design.
- Historical archiving for auditing, tracking design iterations, and comparing site performance.
- It's flexible and can quickly scale with your ever-evolving business.
- Although Pagescreen has many valuable features, pricing may be high for small businesses on a budget.
- A user-friendly interface still requires time and effort to get familiar and comfortable with a new tool. If you're looking for a speedy onboarding experience, you may find Pagescreen tedious.
- It may lack specialized features that cater to niche requirements.
G2 rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
A basic screenshot tool won't cut it when you need multiple sizes and aspect ratios of your screenshots. Thankfully, Urlbox can customize screenshots to accommodate viewport size, device type, resolution, and even emulate different web browsers.
Urlbox can generate images in various formats, including PDF, JPEG, PDF, SVG, and more. Whether you need a website archive tool or printed documents, you'll have high-quality images to work with.
Thanks to a powerful API, Urlbox can seamlessly integrate with existing systems or workflows like content management systems, monitoring tools, automation pipelines, and more.
Unlike some screenshot tools that may struggle to capture dynamic elements, Urlbox excels at it. The generated screenshots accurately represent interactive components, animations, and dynamically generated content.
Urlbox is a versatile screenshot API designed to capture website screenshots and generate web page images in multiple formats.
One of the most notable features of Urlbox is the customization options. These are especially attractive when you need screenshots of your website in various sizes and formats while preserving the content, layout, and formatting — you won't find pixelated images with Urlbox.
Whether you're monitoring your own website to improve UX, need a social media archive tool for legal reasons, or want to keep close tabs on the competition, you can easily capture entire web pages or specific sections of a page, convert them into PDF files, and upload them to any cloud storage.
Thanks to a simple yet powerful API integration, it’s possible to incorporate Urlbox's features into existing systems or workflows. Take advantage of automated screenshots and set up as many Zaps as you need with Zapier or fetch and display generated screenshots or PDFs with your own dashboard applications.
Try Urblox for free by signing up for a seven-day trial, or jump in with a monthly subscription starting at $19.
G2 rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Compliance monitoring: Pagefreezer offers automated compliance monitoring of websites and social media accounts, detecting changes, capturing updates, and ensuring ongoing compliance with various industry regulations, including FINRA, SEC, MiFID II, GDPR, and more.
- Audit trails and legal hold: Audit trails and legal hold capabilities ensure archived content maintain integrity and authenticity. Pagefreezer tracks all actions related to the archived data, including captures, deletions, and accesses, maintaining a comprehensive record of the archival process.
- Website and social media archiving: Pagefreezer is a robust data archiving tool capable of capturing and preserving dynamic web and social media content, if you need to comply with regulatory requirements and save content as legal records.
PageFreezer is an excellent screenshot solution for businesses that require thorough archiving and regulatory compliance.
It captures and preserves the full context of websites and social media interactions, enabling organizations to meet legal and regulatory obligations effectively. Pagescreen, on the other hand, is more oriented toward real-time website monitoring and performance optimization. Its primary focus is monitoring and optimizing website health and performance.
The choice between the two comes down to your specific needs and requirements. If compliance and monitoring are your top priority, PageFreezer is the better option.
PageFreezer doesn't list prices on its website. If you're interested in trying it out, send a request via their website, and they'll reply with a quote tailored to your business needs.
G2 rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
- Cross-browser compatibility: GetScreenshot can capture screenshots on popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. This feature is beneficial when you need to maintain consistent visual representation and compatibility across various browsers.
- Customizable options: With GetScreenshot, you can define the viewport size, resolution, device type, and even set custom HTTP headers to simulate specific user agent settings. This level of customization ensures that the screenshots accurately represent the desired user experience and can be seamlessly integrated into different workflows or applications.
- API integration: A powerful API lets GetScreenshot seamlessly integrate with existing systems and workflows. Easily set up custom triggers with Zapier to automate screenshot generation and ease your workload.
GetScreenshot offers the flexibility, accuracy, and automation necessary to capture accurate and consistent visual representations of websites across various browsers and devices.
The mobile device emulation feature ensures your website is mobile-friendly and provides a positive user experience.
If your goal is to ensure your website is compatible with all browsers and optimized for mobile, GetScreenshot is a good option. However, if you're more focused on monitoring your website for errors and performance, Pagescreen is more appropriate.
Monthly subscription plans for GetScreenshot start at $5 per month. But, if you need the Zapier integration, you'll need the $10/month plan or higher. They also offer one month free off the cheapest plan with code FREE5.
G2 rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
- Webpage monitoring: Visualping helps monitor any webpage to track price changes, availability of products, and updates on news articles or blog posts.
- Frequency and selective monitoring: With Visualping, you can choose the frequency of checks and specify specific areas or elements of a web page to monitor.
- Integration with other tools: Easily integrate Visualping with tools like Slack, Trello, and Zapier to streamline workflow and enhance productivity.
Visualping is a powerful screenshot tool primarily used to keep an eye on competitors and monitor regulatory changes and security breaches.
You can track multiple websites and select which alerts you want to get pinged about via Slack, Teams, API, and more. All changes are highlighted on the screenshots, so you don't have to guess what's been modified.
Compared to Pagescreen, Visualping is more user-friendly and easier to set up. Its simple, intuitive interface is easy for anyone to use. With Pagescreen, users need some technical expertise to get the most out of the tool.
Additionally, Visualping provides a broader range of monitoring options than Pagescreen, including the ability to monitor specific sections of a web page or track changes to images.
If you're new to screenshot tools, Visualping has a free option with minimal features to practice on. But you must jump two tiers to the $25/month option if you want email support. They also offer a free 14-day trial.
G2 rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- Multiple capture modes: With Screenshot Guru, you can capture the entire screen, including scrolling and dynamic content, a specific window, or a selected area.
- Image editing: Basic editing and annotation tools allow you to add shapes and text to your screenshots to provide context or highlight specific areas.
- Multiple image formats and options: Select from popular formats like PNG, JPEG, or WEBP, and adjust the quality settings to strike a balance between image clarity and file size.
Screenshot Guru is an easy-to-use tool with many options for customizing screenshots, including annotations, blurring sensitive information, and downloading screenshots in various formats.
Compared to Pagescreen, Screenshot Guru stands out for its ease of use and flexibility. While Pagescreen is a powerful tool for capturing website screenshots, it's more challenging for the average user.
When it comes to capturing screenshots and building a web archive, Urlbox stands out as a better option than Pagescreen. It provides cross-browser compatibility and mobile device emulation, ensuring accurate and consistent representation of websites across different platforms.
Furthermore, Urlbox's ability to capture dynamic web content ensures that interactive elements, animations, and dynamically generated content maintain their integrity.
Urlbox is also more accessible and cost-effective for businesses of all sizes.
If you're looking for a dependable and efficient tool for capturing screenshots and building web archives, sign up for a 7-day free trial with Urlbox and start taking reliable website screenshots now!